Friday 11 March 2016

Rae reads... Getting Over Gary by Jessica Redland

Getting Over Gary by Jessica Redland

Elise's perfect world comes crashing down around her after discovering a massive secret about her husband. After 12 years of marriage her dreams of starting a family have just been destroyed. Can Elise move forward with her life and be happy.


I was drawn into Elise's life quite quickly, the author has written an interesting main character who is very likeable. As the truth is revealed I couldn't help but imagine how hard it would be to be in her situation, what would any of us do in that moment. The story moved at a good pace and I never felt bored by the plot. To start with I wasn't quite sure how everything would play out. There were quite a few possibilities and I was kept guessing if Elise would get her happy ending. Elise's back story with her mum was very sad and I definitely felt sympathy for her. It also explains some of her behaviour with Gary, her friends and her possible love interests.

Even though this is the second book in a series it can be easily read as a standalone book. The characters fit well into the story and with each other. The frostiness between Elise and Clare is quite a good side story and how they animosity creates problems with their mutual friend Sarah. After every situation Elise finds herself in I kept thinking to myself it can't get any worse can it?

Overall I would recommend this book its not a straight forward romance there are a few twists along the way. This makes it a slightly more interesting read than your average book.
Perfect reading for the weekend or a holiday, it will definitely leave you with a smile on your face!

4 stars from me!

Thank you to So Vain Books & Netgalley for my copy to read & review.



No comments:

Post a Comment