Sunday 29 May 2016

Rae reads... The Late Blossoming of Frankie Green by Laura Kemp

About the book:

Frankie Green is perfectly happy in her marriage until her husband drops a bombshell. He doesn't think things are working, especially in the bedroom. Asking for space he moves out and that is when Frankie begins her lessons in sex education. Can Frankie win Jason back and regain her confidence?


My thoughts:

I instantly liked Frankie, she was quite innocent and I felt so sorry for her when her husband walked out. However I also felt anger on her behalf too, I couldn’t believe how awful it was to leave her like that. Her friends Em and Letty are great you can see what a great friendship they all share. Each of the characters stories were interesting and combined together with Frankie's made a great book. I have to say one of my favourite characters was Floyd I took to him straight away.

The plot moved pretty quick with no slow parts and it was so funny at times. I have to admit I ended up giggling to myself quite a lot. My husband kept looking at me wondering what I was reading! The story was engaging and I wanted to see where Frankie would end up along with her two best friends.

Overall:

The characters were well developed and I felt like I got to know them all. The story grabbed my attention from the start and kept my interest. I loved the message of finding the real you, overcoming insecurities and ultimately finding happiness.

I was hooked from the start and it just got better and better. The Late Blossoming of Frankie Green is comical, heartwarming and most of all entertaining!

Five stars from me!

Thank you to Aria and Netgalley for my copy to read and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment