Sunday 22 May 2016

Rae reads... The Sunshine and Biscotti Club by Jenny Oliver

About the book:


When Libby's husband walks out she needs help getting the Sunshine and Biscotti Club up and running. So she calls on her friends for help. 

Eve is struggling in her marriage so it seems the perfect time to take a break from things and help her friend in the process
Jessica is a workaholic who has never got over the man who didn't love her back, unfortunately he has just turned up in Tuscany too.
Will everything be ready in time and will all of their tangled relationships work out? 



My Thoughts:

After looking at the cover I couldn't wait to read this it was just so colourful and I thought the title was great. So after the first chapter I was instantly on the side of Libby she had been left in the lurch by her husband and luckily her friends all gathered around to help. The story had my attention from the start and pretty much kept it all the way through. I liked how each chapter was from a different characters point of view it actually helped to keep things interesting. The plot was a good one even after all these years the friends would band together to help. I was even more entertained because there were some tricky relationships between them all. 
I think all of the characters had their good points and also their flaws but I probably liked Jessica the best. You really did get the long time friendship vibe from them all and I had to keep reading to see how they were all connected in the past. There were a few surprises along the way and the ending left me with a smile. 

Overall:

The Sunshine and Biscotti Club really has a summer feel to it and I felt like I really got to know the characters in this book. Perfect for a holiday read!

Four stars from me!

Thank you to Carina UK & Netgalley for my copy to read and review.




No comments:

Post a Comment