Monday 4 April 2016

Rae reads... The Wedding Date by Jennifer Joyce

The Wedding Date by Jennifer Joyce

When Delilah finds out her ex boyfriend has moved on with his life. An invite to her friends wedding causes problems so she invents a boyfriend. The wedding is six months away so it's all go to find Mr Right for the wedding. With help from her BFFs can Delilah find the perfect person or will it all go horribly wrong.


The way you are introduced to Delilah is great, it's fun and you get a real insight into her character. You didn't instantly know everything about her from the first couple of pages which I quite liked. Her two best friends are also a good addition to the book. As I was reading I felt like I was drawn into their inner circle. I especially loved the text messages that were at start of every chapter they were always fun to read.

I thought the plot moved at a good pace there weren't really any slow parts to the story at all. There were some comical moments that were great but also slightly embarrassing for Delilah. The story isn't a complicated one so it is easy to follow with no confusing moments.

Overall I thought this book was full of charm and enjoyable, I was pulled into Delilah's world and was definitely entertained! The characters in this book were really fun and even though Delilah had her faults she really made this book an engaging read. There were just enough characters to make it interesting but not too many that you forgot who was who. I would recommend reading The Wedding Date if you are in need of a pick me up. It is a charming read that is fun, humorous and perfect for brightening up a dull day!

Four stars from me.

Thank you to Carina UK and Netgalley for my copy to read and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment