Saturday 23 April 2016

Rae reads... What Happens in the Alps by T. A. Williams

What Happens in the Alps by T. A. Williams

We follow Annie as she builds a new life for herself after losing her husband in a tragic climbing accident. Starting a new business isn’t easy but when old friend Matt arrives it definitely helps take the pressure off.  A chance meeting on the slopes with Alessandro gets Annie dating again. Will Annie get her life back on track?



I really took to the character of Annie, she had a lovely outlook on life even after such a horrible tragedy took place. I instantly wanted a happy ending for her and I couldn’t wait to find out how it would happen. The characters in this book were well written and I felt as if I got to know them pretty well. Even the minor characters added something to this story. A special mention has to go to Leo the dog he was a great addition to the book.

The plot was easy going and pretty much from the start I became immersed in the story. I think it helped that both myself and Annie have an aversion to cable cars! The thought of skiing or any kind of holiday with snow has always filled me with dread. However this book made it all seem so lovely I am almost tempted to book a holiday now!

Overall I loved the setting of this book and the characters it all came together to make a lovely story. This book has a real feel good factor to it that made me smile and left me feeling happy. I would definitely recommend this book especially if you would like a light, engaging and fun read. After reading What Happens in the Alps I will be looking at other books by T A Williams to add to my reading list.

Four stars from me! 

Thank you to Carina UK & Netgalley for my copy to read and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment