Sunday 12 June 2016

Rae reads... The Reflections of Queen Snow White by David Meredith

About the book:

Queen Snow White has been depressed since her husband Prince Charming died. Not even the wedding of her only daughter Princess Raven can bring her out of it.

When Snow wanders up to the forgotten tower she finds her stepmothers magic mirror. This is the beginning of a journey for Snow White as she confronts her past. Will Queen Snow White ease her grief and maybe even find some peace?


My thoughts:

Snow White was left desolate after losing Charming and this book tells the story of how she looks back on her life to find perspective in her future. It was really interesting to read a story set after the happily ever after. This story was thoughtful and kept my interest. The flashbacks to Snow Whites past were entertaining and more darker than the Disney version. Definitely more in keeping with Grimms fairy tales.

Overall:

I really enjoyed this story it was very descriptive and entertaining. I was happy to spend time reading about Snow White and her life after the happily ever after.

Well worth a read especially if you are a fan of fairy tales!

Four stars from me!

Thank you to David Meredith for kindly sending me a copy to read and review. This is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment