Monday 19 December 2016

Review - Christmas at the Little Wedding Shop: Sequins & Snowflakes by Jane Linfoot

About the book

The snow is falling around Brides by the Sea, Cornwall’s cutest little wedding shop, and wedding dress designer Seraphina East is in her cosy studio designing exquisite dresses to make even the most demanding bride’s dreams come true.

Unless the bride is her big sister Alice of course. Saying that the two sisters don’t always see eye to eye is an understatement. Alice hasn’t even asked Sera to design her wedding dress. But when an absent groom and ill-fitting dress threaten to ruin Alice’s happiness let alone her big day, Sera’s determined to give her sister the winter wedding of her dreams – even if that means keeping not one but two irresistibly gorgeous best men under control…

Is Sera going to end up being the maid of dishonour…Or will repairing her frozen relationship with Alice be the icing on the wedding cake?

Buy here

------------------------

My Review 

First of all I have to say I really enjoyed getting to know Sera. She was first introduced in The Little Wedding Shop by the Sea: Cupcakes and Confetti so it was lovely to read her story. It was great to catch up with Poppy and Rafe and all of the other charming characters that made the first book so enjoyable. Even though characters from that book feature in this one it can easily be read as a standalone.

Sera is an interesting character she likes to take a step back and let others take control. I can definitely see a little bit of myself in Sera’s character. This is probably why I took to her so well. I thought that Jane Linfoot did a brilliant job of bringing her character to life especially as she became more assertive. Sera is definitely out of her comfort zone and it was very entertaining seeing her strive to make Alice’s big day perfect.

Quinn is the life and the soul of the party and I think a naturally attractive character but is he right for Sera? Then there's Johnny who has a more calm approach. Both characters are possible suitors although they are total opposites. I know who I was rooting for but who will Sera choose?

Is it wrong to say that I was thoroughly entertained as the wedding got out of control. I loved how everyone came together to help, the friendships and relationships in this book are lovingly written. The story just flows perfectly and I often found myself saying just one more chapter. Well of course it then turned into at least five more!

A charming story with beautifully created characters!

Five stars from me!

Thank you to HarperImpulse & Netgalley for my copy. This is my honest and unbiased opinion. 

------------------------

You can see my review of 

The Little Wedding Shop By the Sea: Cupcakes and Confetti - Jane Linfoot

No comments:

Post a Comment