Thank you for stopping by I'm delighted to be sharing my review for Eternal Seas by Lexi Rees as part of the blog tour today. First of all though let's take a look at the description for the book...
Such a small parcel
shouldn’t cause experienced
smugglers much trouble,
but this parcel is far from normal.
Chased across the seas, Finn and Aria must solve the
mysteries within the parcel.
What does it mean? Who should they trust?
What will happen?
The fate of an ancient people depends on them
and time is running out ...
I was really intrigued when I saw the description for Eternal Seas and was eager to start reading and see where the story took me. The writing is descriptive and easily sets the scene as we follow Finn and Aria on their journey. Even though this story is classed as a children's book I feel that it would appeal to both younger and older readers. It reminded me of some of the adventure stories I read when I was younger, giving me a lovely nostalgic feeling! Along with bringing something new and different that made it so interesting to read.
It didn't take me long at all to get into the story and I was well and truly whisked away on quite an adventure! I have to mention the illustrations dotted throughout, they were great! I thought they were a lovely addition showing the events and the characters at different stages of the story.
The chapters are short and snappy which easily keeps the momentum going along with my full attention on the story. With a fast moving plot that makes for an exciting read I easily finished this book in one go!
Within the pages of Eternal Seas there is plenty of mystery and adventure. All coming together to create a wonderful, exciting and intriguing story!
With thanks to Rachel's Random Resources for my copy.
Lexi Rees spends as much time as possible sailing and horse riding, both of which she does spectacularly badly. Attempts at writing whilst horse riding have been disastrous, so Eternal Seas was written on a boat; the storm described in the book was frighteningly real.
Social Media Links
Win one of two £10 Amazon gift vouchers (UK only).
1. Share a photo of you with the book (paperback or ebook) on Twitter or Instagram
2. Tag @lexi_rees (Twitter) or lexi.rees (Instagram) and #EternalSeas
3. Closing date 30th November 2018
4. UK only
5. Winners will be drawn randomly
Illustration competition - would your children like to see their illustrations published in a book?
· Six lucky winners will have their illustrations printed in the sequel to Eternal Seas
· Winners and runners up will also have their drawings featured on www.lexirees.co.uk and on social media
Drawings must be in black and white, and can be in any of the following categories
· Aria flying up in the sky
· a cat
· mountain ponies
· a snow eagle
· a sailing boat
· Finn and/ or Aria
Please see detailed terms for entry requirements
· Open to children aged 13 or under
· You can enter as many categories as you like
· Winners will be chosen by Lexi Rees
· Children’s name and age will be published together with their illustration. Parents/ guardians must confirm they are happy with this when they enter. Other information (e.g email address) will not be shared.
· No purchase necessary
· Closing date 31/1/19
· Entries must be scanned or photographed in high resolution and emailed to email@example.com. The winners may need to post originals if the images are not high enough quality for printing. Postage costs will be covered in this case.
· Full entry details can be found on www.lexirees.co.uk
Why not follow along with the tour, see below...