Saturday 30 April 2016

Rae reads... How To Manage A Marquess by Sally MacKenzie

How To Manage A Marquess by Sally MacKenzie

When Anne is given a chance to live an independent life at Spinster House she desperately wants the opportunity. However her friend Cat is set to live there, can Anne see to it that Cat marries the Duke of Hart instead. 

The Duke's cousin Nate, Marquess of Haywood is determined to keep the Duke from marriage. A curse was placed on the Duke's family and the only way to stop it is to remain single. Will Anne get her wish to live at Spinster House or will Nate get in her way?



Both Anne and Nate are interesting characters they are strong willed and they have great chemistry. Sparks flew right from the start and all of their interactions were sizzling. I really liked the addition of Stephen and Edward to the story they helped bring some fun. They also helped Anne get some perspective on her situation. 

The story kept my interest especially in relation to the curse. I found the idea really engaging and I wondered how it would all play out. It was a nice touch for me as a reader to hear both characters thoughts and feelings rather than from a single perspective. The plot is easy to follow and understand and I liked how the story developed. 

Overall I would recommend How To Manage A Marquess it is a fun and romantic story. There is great chemistry between the two main characters which kept me wanting to read more. 

Four stars from me! 

Thank you to Kensington Books & Netgalley for my copy to read and review.






No comments:

Post a Comment