Wednesday 4 May 2016

Rae reads... The Little Wedding Shop By the Sea: Cupcakes and Confetti - Jane Linfoot

The Little Wedding Shop By the Sea: Cupcakes and Confetti - Jane Linfoot

About the book:
Poppy works at Brides By the Sea as a cake maker. When her friend Cate's wedding planner walks out Poppy steps in to help save her friends special day. However things aren't as easy as she thinks and throw grumpy farmer Rafe into the mix and things get interesting!


My thoughts:
The introduction to Poppy is really interesting as we are given little snippets regarding the breakdown of her relationship. The reader is given just enough information to keep intrigued as to what happened. Poppy is very likeable I especially liked how she handled the embarrassing situation with the dogs and a whole lot of mud! The minor characters all helped to make this book extra special. Poppy has some great friends who she can really count on and I really liked Immie. Even though Rafe is pretty grumpy and short tempered when we first meet him there is something there that makes him intriguing. I especially liked all of Rafe's slogan t-shirts!

The story grabbed me from the start and I couldn’t wait to read more. The plot was easy to follow and I loved the premise of a one stop shop for all wedding related things. When Rafe shows Poppy around the farm I could really picture myself there. I found myself immersed in the story due to the little details and it was great to read about all the different weddings held at the farm. The chemistry between the two is strong especially when they are arguing. These interactions grabbed my attention and I had to know how it would all end.

Overall:
I really enjoyed this story both the plot and characters kept me entertained throughout. The way Jane Linfoot wrote this book had me both laughing and smiling. I will definitely be looking at reading more books by this author. The ending was pretty perfect and left me with butterflies and a smile on my face.

Five stars from me!

Thank you to Harper Impulse & Netgalley for my copy to read and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment