Monday 26 December 2016

Review - Christmas at Lilac Cottage by Holly Martin

About the book:

Welcome to the charming seaside town of White Cliff Bay, where Christmas is magical and love is in the air…

Penny Meadows loves her home – a cosy cottage decorated with pretty twinkling fairy lights and stunning views over the town of White Cliff Bay. She also loves her job as an ice-carver, creating breathtaking sculptures. Yet her personal life seems frozen. 

When Henry and daughter Daisy arrive at the cottage to rent the annex, Penny is determined to make them feel welcome. But while Daisy is friendly, Henry seems guarded. 

As Penny gets to know Henry, she realises there is more to him than meets the eye. And the connection between them is too strong to ignore… 

While the spirit of the season sprinkles its magic over the seaside town and preparations for the ice sculpting competition and Christmas eve ball are in full swing, can Penny melt the ice and allow love in her heart? And will this finally be the perfect Christmas she’s been dreaming of? 

Buy here

My Review

I have previously read a couple of books by Holly Martin and have always enjoyed them. As soon as I saw this book I knew I had to read it. So what did I think...

First of all I have to mention the front cover it really is stunning. The plot itself moves quickly and smoothly, I really didn't want to put the book down. I loved the idea of two people who had been burned in the past being brought together. Penny is a lovely, warm hearted person and I really hoped she could start afresh with someone and find some happiness. Henry is pretty perfect and I loved his relationship with Daisy their interactions were brilliant.

The chemistry Penny and Henry share is electric but also at the same time very romantic but will they get a happy ever after.

There were some comical moments that were brilliantly written and I couldn’t stop giggling!

If reading by the fire doesn't warm you this charming and heartfelt story will. The characters are lovingly written and by the end I felt as if I knew them. Holly Martin always manages to bring her characters to life and this book shows this perfectly.

This is the first book in the White Cliff Bay series and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series. It will be lovely to revisit the place and the people who live there.

A gorgeous Christmas story!

Five stars from me!

Thank you to Bonnier Publishing & Netgalley for my copy. This is my honest and unbiased opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment