Wednesday 21 December 2016

Review - Christmas at the Little Village Bakery by Tilly Tennant

About the book 

It’s time to get toasty by the fire with a glass of mulled wine and a slice of chocolate yule log sprinkled with a little romance. Welcome to Christmas at the Little Village Bakery. 

Snow is falling in Honeybourne and Spencer is bringing home his American fiancée Tori for a traditional English Christmas with all the trimmings. But when his hippie mum and dad meet her high-maintenance parents, sparks of the wrong sort start to fly. Then Spencer bumps into his first love Jasmine and unexpected feelings come flooding back. 

Millie is run off her feet with Christmas orders at the Little Village Bakery and new baby Oscar.Thank goodness her cousin Darcie is here to help her. Although she does seem to be rather flirty with Millie’s boyfriend Dylan. 

Will Darcie ever find true love of her own? And is marrying Tori a terrible mistake for Spencer if his heart is with someone else? 


Buy here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Review 

After reading The Little Village Bakery earlier this year and getting to know Mollie and Dylan I just had to read the next book in the series. Although this is the second book it can be read as a standalone but if you get chance definitely take a look at the first story.

I loved the village of Honeybourne and the people who live there. Once again we see the villagers come together and I loved that spirit of community. It was especially lovely to catch up with Millie and Dylan. I was always intrigued by Spencer and it was great to get more insight into his personality.

There are a few characters to follow but their stories never got complicated or felt like I had to keep a track of what was happening. The addition of Darcie to the story was great and added more depth to the plot. I did wonder where her story would go and I hoped that it wouldn't lead in a certain direction. I'm going to stop now as I really don't want to ruin the story.

It always makes a story more interesting if you see the story from different points of view. This book follows a few different characters and I guess if I had to pick a favourite it would be Spencer. He is such a likeable character and I hoped he would get his happy ending.

The story moved at a good pace and to be honest I was halfway through before I even realised. Tilly Tennant really has created a charming village and a lovely variety of characters.

Christmas at the Little Village Bakery is a cosy, entertaining story that is just right for the festive season! 

Four stars from me! 

Thank you to Bookouture & Netgalley for my copy. This is my honest and unbiased opinion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You can read my review of The Little Village Bakery by Tilly Tennant
here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment