Saturday 31 December 2016

Review - Take A Chance On Me by Carol Wyer



About the book

When Charlie’s husband leaves after ten years of marriage, her spirits hit an all-time low. She just isn’t sure how to pick herself up again. So, best friend Mercedes makes it her mission to put a spring back in Charlie’s step with the perfect bucket list. 

As Charlie takes a chance and bungee jumps and belly dances her way through an array of adventures, her love life also begins to look up and she’s soon enjoying a few dates as a newly single woman. She begins to realise that finding romance, might not be so hard, especially when you’ve got someone like journalist Jake who has an adorable little boy and is very easy on the eye. 

But is Jake too good to be true? As Charlie’s challenges on the bucket list get bigger, so do her questions about Jake. Should she continue to hold out for the fairy-tale? Or should she take a chance on Jake and hope for a happy ending? 


Buy here

My Review

This is my last review of 2016 and I am so happy that I chose this book. It really is the perfect uplifting story to see me into 2017!

So what did I think...

The beginning of this book is written with plenty of emotion and the revelation of Charlie's past is heartbreaking. I couldn't he!p but shed a few tears as I read. Charlie is such an engaging character who is beautifully written, Carol Wyer really brought her to life. Merecedes is perfect as Charlie's best friend their scenes together are so much fun as they go through the list. Bert has to get a special mention, I wish he was my pet.

As the story progressed I truly hoped that Charlie would get her happy ending. From meeting new friends and challenges Charlie faces everything head on and is definitely an inspirational character. I thoroughly enjoyed reading all about Charlie and her friends. There is some sadness but also laughs within the pages of this book and everything ends up balancing perfectly. The story moves along brilliantly and at times I found it hard to put down. The ending was just perfect and left me smiling for ages after.

A joy to read!

Five stars from me!

Thank you to Bookouture & Netgalley for my copy. This is my honest and unbiased opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment