Tuesday 31 January 2017

Review - Sunrise at Butterfly Cove by Sarah Bennett

About the book

A year of taking chances…

After a nightmare year, Mia Sutherland is hoping for a fresh start! She’s putting the past behind her and pouring all her savings into renovating a crumbling guesthouse in peaceful Butterfly Cove. Nothing will distract her from achieving her dreams!


That is, until her very first guest, Daniel Fitzwilliam arrives – quite possibly, the most gorgeous man she’s ever seen. He’s only here for a week, but already Daniel has turned her world upside-down. And as the tide turns, it’s clear that Butterfly Cove has more than one surprise in store for Mia…
Look out for Wedding Bells at Butterfly Cove, the second book in the enchanting Butterfly Cove trilogy.

Buy here


My Review

One of the first things that first that caught my attention was the lovely cover. So of course I had to read the description and then I knew for definite I had to read it. 
So what did I think...

This book on occasion definitely pulled at my heart strings although to be honest it is easily done. However I genuinely felt as if I was a part of their world and was invested in their happiness. I was drawn to the characters and also to the guesthouse that is in dire need of TLC just like Daniel and Mia.

I loved how the house is slowly but surely brought back to life and how the process is the perfect tonic for the characters. Daniel has his flaws but I love how we see his character grow throughout the story. Mia is a resilient character who has a strong protective side especially with her loved ones. I thought the build up in their friendship was well developed, it wasn't rushed and felt perfectly natural.

I liked the idea that the characters have less than perfect families and this is what makes them more engaging to read and get to know. Aaron and Luke were a great addition along with the "grey army" this group of characters really gave a warm and family orientated feel to the story.

The story flowed effortlessly and before I knew it I was onto the last chapter and it felt as if the time had flown. Sunrise at Butterfly Cove left me with a smile, Sarah Bennett has created some wonderful characters and I can't wait to catch up with them in the next book in the series.

Butterfly Cove has pretty much everything covered from friendship, new beginnings, loss, love and family.

Full of charm, engaging and heart warming what more could you want!

Five stars from me!

Thank you to HQDigital and Netgalley for my copy. This is my honest and unbiased opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment