Saturday 4 February 2017

Review - The Inventing Tubes (A Pasta Kidz and Petz Adventure) by Bryony Supper

About the series
The Pasta Kidz™ and Petz Adventures’ are humorous, zany, magical and chaotic stories that bring together the pasta-themed Kidz – including Sarah Spaghetti, Rikki Ravioli, Camilla Cannelloni (above) and their creative Petz – Mumbo the Macaroni Dog, Spud the Spaghetti Horse and Val the Vermicelli Snake (above) together in unusual circumstances, engaging with strange magical objects that have a life of their own. The songs, music and humour, told in specially invented pasta language, will engage 4-to-7 year olds in a fantasy world of friendship.

The plots and messages reinforce how the Kidz are unique, with different personalities and their own needs. Each tale shows how they help each other, usually with their own individual Petz, and throughout the series we see how their personalities and friendships develop especially when encountering new characters, like the evil and huge Pasta Beasties!


About this book

In The Inventing Tubes, the first Pasta Kidz™ adventure in a series of up to forty books, Sarah and Marc Macaroni try their hand at inventing fun objects – and get a very grumpy PastaBall to play football with. But Sarah proves that the sport is not just for boys and she tries her hand at inventing her own ball! Every highly-branded Pasta Kidz™ and Petz story, illustrated in beautiful, full-colour detail, contains a moral message and will both inform and entertain young readers.
 


Buy here


My Review

My children adore pasta so I knew this book would probably be a winner, I liked the fact that with the names of the character you also got a different type of pasta. So my children can actually learn all the different variety of pasta that you can buy as you read the series. The illustrations are bold and bright which are perfect for attracting children's attention. Each character within the series has different features so that you can easily tell them apart.

Whenever we finish a story I always talk to my children about the story we have just read. I think it helps with learning new words and also with memory. So one of the questions I asked was what was my sons favourite part of the story and he replied with when Sarah and Marc played with the PastaBall. He loves anything to do with throwing, catching and kicking balls so I knew he would have enjoyed this part. 

I thought the message of patience was a good one after all most people know that a child has a limited amount of patience. So I think the story reinforces this perfectly along with the fact that Sarah can play at sport and be equally good if not better than boys. So this again is a great message to portray especially for my daughter. Even though she isn't quite two yet I was surprised by how well she sat and listened to the story. So that is a good indicator that the book managed to keep her attention. I would say the story was the perfect length for 4+ ages however my 23 month old was equally interested. 

The series is fun and I would definitely be interested in reading the rest of the series to my children. If you want something a little bit different to keep your little ones entertained then look no further than The Pasta Kidz™ and Petz Adventures’ as The Inventing Tubes was a great start to the series.



Rae, Dex and Missy x

Great illustrations with some fun characters!

Five stars from me!

Thank you to Bryony Supper for my copy. This is my honest and unbiased opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment