Sunday 28 May 2017

Wishker by Heather Pindar and illustrated by Sarah Jennings @maverickbooks

About the book

Mirabel doesn’t want much, just a never-ending sleepover and zoo animals for pets, but everyone always says ‘no’ to her! When a rufty-tufty cat shows up with magic wish-granting whiskers, things start looking up for Mirabel… or do they?

A magical tale with plenty of humour and important lessons on the word ‘please’. Written by Strictly No Crocs author Heather Pindar with colourful illustrations by Sarah Jennings, Wishker is perfect for cat lovers.

Book Links


My Review

My little girl saw the front cover and kept saying cat over and over again until I started reading. I think it's safe to say she liked the front cover. So what did we think...

I think most parents can relate to this book as our children often make demands some more outlandish than others. It is such a fun story about a magic cat and how much trouble Mirabel's wishes create.

The illustrations are bright and wonderfully eye catching they really do compliment the story perfectly. Especially as Mirabel's house ends up in such a chaotic mess, my little girl loved pointing to all the animals and loved showing me the mess they were making.

The story kept my children's attention especially with all the eventful things that take place it's not everyday that a circus, animals from the zoo come to your house and that a never ending sleepover takes place.

I loved the ending where we see Mirabel's brother contemplating what his wishes would be, it was a great ending. My little boy even picked out the which wish he would choose first, second and third!

This book is the perfect length and managed to keep my two little one's attention right through to the end. It was a fun story but also with a moral of it isn't always the best thing to get your own way you never know what chaos it might bring with it.

Funny and cute with a brilliant story!

With thanks to Maverick Books for my copy. This is my honest and unbiased opinion.

Rae, Dex & Missy
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment