Wednesday 30 March 2016

Rae reads... Kitty's Countryside Dream by Christie Barlow

Kitty's Countryside Dream by Christie Barlow

When Kitty becomes the new owner of Bluebell Lodge she has no idea how much her life will be turned upside down. From chickens, to a crush on the lovely Tom and a mysterious diary to contend with life will never be the same again.


I loved how there was a mystery running throughout the book regarding Kitty's grandmother and her parents. It added an interesting spin and I was eager to find out what had happened in the past. I found myself unable to put the book down in parts as snippets from her families past are revealed.

I instantly liked Kitty's character, she is a strong main character who has recently had quite an upheaval in her life. The minor characters all add something to the story and I liked all their interactions with Kitty. I felt after finishing this book that I knew all the characters really well and could have gone on reading about their lives some more.

Overall I really enjoyed this book and I am eager to read more books by Christie Barlow. This book is in parts sad but the main focus is on family and friends and it really is a lovely story. The setting for the story is lovely and I could easily picture myself at Bluebell Lodge. Christie Barlow really sets the scene with descriptive writing that doesn't go overboard.

Four and a half stars from me.

Thank you to Bookouture and Netgalley for my copy to read and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment