Tuesday 28 June 2016

Rae reads... Caillou Goes to School by Anne Paradis

About the book:

Sarah invites Caillou to a special day at her school. Caillou packs his school bag and a lunch and is off to first grade! He feels like a big kid. Caillou’s favorite things are recess, lunch hour and drawing on the blackboard. He doesn’t enjoy all the bells and rules as much. Caillou may not be quite ready for school, but he is definitely ready for an afternoon nap when it's time to go home!


My thoughts:

My little boy watches the Caillou TV programme and I have read a Caillou story to him before. So as soon as I saw this book I knew it could be a hit. My little boy will be starting school next year so I thought it might be a good thing to introduce the idea of school to him.

I really liked the concept of its not all fun and play time at school but that it can still be an enjoyable thing to experience. The story is just about the right length namely being fairly short. It kept my sons interest but was still long enough to have a decent story. The illustrations were bright, bold and colourful. My son liked talking about what was in the pictures so they definitely caught his attention. 

Overall: 

Caillou Goes to School is a short but interesting way to introduce the idea of school to young children.

Fun, bright and perfect for young Caillou fans!

Four stars from me! 

Thank you to Chouette Publishing & Netgalley for my copy to read and review. This is my honest opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment