Saturday 4 June 2016

Rae reads... Octopus Pirate by Jane Yates

About the book:

Octopus Pirate is a time-travelling steampunk tale set in the Victorian period. It's the story of a foundling who discovers he has unusual talents, such as camouflage, squishing into small spaces and the ability to communicate with octopuses! Follow Coco on his adventure to become a pirate. 



My thoughts:

You first meet Coco as a baby and see him grow up, he is an interesting character due to his special skills. He is likeable and I definitely found myself intrigued by his character.

The plot is straightforward and managed to keep my interest without my mind wandering. I liked that you saw Coco grow up throughout the book. I had to keep reading to find out what would happen to him next.

Overall:

I don't normally read this genre but the synopsis caught my attention and I am really glad it did. There is plenty of adventure as we follow Coco growing up. All of the characters brought something to the story. I think the length of the book was quite good, not too long or short.

Four stars from me! 

Thank you to Jane Yates for kindly sending me a copy to read and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment