Thursday 22 December 2016

Review - The Adventures of Katie Button by Lizzie Koch

About the book 

What happens when your dreams collide with reality?

Katie Button doesn’t believe in soulmates. When charismatic Jack Masterson asks her out on a date, despite him being her new boss alongside his more aloof brother, James, she agrees. 

But her romantic dreams about a dashing highwayman, heroic gladiator and Tudor lord are becoming more frequent. And, worryingly, they feel real. She remembers every detail, every touch, every kiss. Until she realises the man in her dreams is James.

But Katie doesn’t even like James. And what about Jack, who is whisking her away for sexy mini breaks in the here and now? 

Katie knows she needs to put an end to her dreams before they ruin her life. But how?

Buy here

My Review

I was intrgued by the description for this book and was looking forward to reading it. The plot was fun and interesting although it did bother me a little at first that she was with Jack but having dreams about James. I really enjoyed the dream sequences they were detailed, fun and really helped move the story along.

I have to say I kept changing my mind about Katie. One minute I would like her but then she would do something pretty frustrating. This is not necessarily a bad thing as her flaws definitely make her character more believable. James has to be my favourite character he is totally likeable. Some of the romance is missing from a couple of pairings but the story does make up for it.

With it being a shorter story I did finish this book pretty quickly. Even though it isn't exactly perfect my attention was kept throughout.

If you are looking for a quick and light hearted read then look no further!

Four stars from me!

Thank you to Crooked Cat Publishing & Netgalley for my copy. This is my honest and unbiased opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment