Friday 2 December 2016

Review - Christmas at the Dog & Duck by Jill Steeples

About the book:

A perfect, feel-good romantic novel to curl up with this Christmas. A story of new beginnings, love and friendship. Perfect for the fans of Jenny Colgan and Lucy Diamond.
Ellie Browne has left behind her high-flying job in London to return to the charming Buckinghamshire village of Little Leyton. Working shifts at The Dog and Duck and running her own doggy-day-care business, Ellie's looking for a much simpler way of life and a good old fashioned Christmas.
But Little Leyton’s landscape is changing; Johnny Tay, Ellie's ex, wants to pick up where they left off; sultry property developer Max Golding, has moved into the village and is ruffling feathers; and rumour has it that the pub, which holds a special place in Ellie's heart, might be sold. Suddenly, life’s looking a whole lot more complicated...
Can Ellie juggle her emotions and commitments in time to celebrate Christmas?
Buy here
===================
My Review
I really enjoyed the community spirit that the villagers shared and it was a joy to read all about their lives. The story moved at a pretty good pace and I was half way through before I even realised. 
Ellie is an engaging character and I thought it was great that she came back to the place she grew up in to do a job/s that made her happy. I'm a firm believer that not everything should be about money (although don't get me wrong it does help to have it) but I do think that you need to be happy in what you do. 
I loved how Ellie and Max meet it was lots of fun and pretty embarassing for Ellie. It was lovely getting to know Ellie and Max and to see them begin to get closer. Will there be a happy ever after for them in the end though?
Jill Steeples has written a lovely story that captured my attention perfectly and left me with a smile. It is the first book that I have read by Jill and I can't wait to read more!
Four stars from me!
Very heart warming and the perfect book to curl up with!
Thank you to Aria & Netgalley for my copy. This is my honest and unbiased opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment