Friday 2 February 2018

Rocky Rocks and the Colourful Socks by Seniha Slowinski @Authoright @gilbster1000






Can you help Rocky Rocks find his socks? If you can see, you must tell me, what colour sock you can see? I’ll give you a clue, it rhymes with bed, could it be the colour… Rocky Rocks and the Colour Socks is a fun and interactive way of learning through rhyme by Seniha Slowinski. Illustrations by Nick Roberts

Purchase from Amazon UK




I love that this story has both an educational and fun element to it making it in my eyes a perfect combination. Like most children my little ones love to play hide and seek so this book really appealed to both of them. Along with helping Rocky Rocks as we tried to find the various hidden socks with clues given through rhyme. I found this book really easy to read with the rhyming story flowing really naturally. When we first picked this book up it couldn't have come at a better time as my little boy was learning about rhymes at school. So I think this story really helped to reinforce the idea of rhymes for him and it was lovely to see him interacting so much with the story.

The illustrations are fun and eye catching, my little girl loved pointing at the various objects found in the pictures not just the socks. There is some lovely detail in each illustration with a good use of different colours and objects.

This book kept my little ones attention all the way through especially my oldest as he really concentrated on finding the right colour socks that Rocky Rocks was looking for. My little boy is five and I think that this book is a perfect match for his age range. Even though my little girl is not quite three she still enjoyed listening to the story with us. I also have to mention that they both loved the picture of the real Rocky at the back of the book and thought it was funny that he was surrounded by socks especially as he had one on his head!


Entertaining and lots of fun!

Five stars from Rae, Dex & Missy!

With thanks to Rachel at Authoright for my copy. This is my honest and unbiased opinion.


Living with her husband and her lovable Rocky in South East London Seniha Slowinski has enjoyed over a decade long career in the print advertising industry. When the recession hit about ten years ago she was out of work for over a year, which is when she decided to study and become a professional fitness instructor and because she loved dance so much qualified as a Zumba teacher. Seniha started to rent halls at local community centres, church halls, local gyms and schools teaching from pre-school level to primary age and teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment