Thursday 12 July 2018

Q&A with Rebecca Raisin @jaxandwillsmum


Thank you for stopping by I'm thrilled to be able to share a Q&A with Rebecca Raisin today!




Hi Rebecca!

 Thank you for taking part in this Q&A, so let's get started…

1 – What three words best describe your personality?
Ooh, great question! I’d say a happy, bibliophile, dreamer!

2 - Is there a book you wish you could have written?
I adored Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine. I thought it was brilliantly crafted and just what the world needs now, for people to accept other’s as they are, quirks and all.

3 – What was the last book you read?
This is Going to Hurt by Adam Kay. Another fantastic book, this time a memoir of a junior doctor in the UK.

4 – If you were stranded on a desert island what three books would you want with you?
Gosh, probably something like War and Peace because I’d have to read it a bazillion times so at least I’d eventually understand such a lengthy tome! I also really want to read How to Bake a New Beginning by Lucy Osterfeld, and probably a John Green novel because he’s my go-to author, and I love him!

5 - Do you have any strange writing habits?
Hmmm, I don’t think I have any strange habits, but I do have a particular process plagued with self-doubt! After writing so many novels for HQ I can at least recognise now that it’s a stage and just push through it! It starts by absolutely loving the book, to suffering a crippling lack of confidence once it’s done, to wondering why I ever thought I could write. I think it’s called Imposter Syndrome and I face it every single time! What a job, hey?!

6 – Is there a specific place where you write?
I have a lovely office space at the front of my house, but I tend to write at the dining room table because it’s sunnier and I can do bits and pieces and still supervise the kids.

7 – Do you share any personality traits with the characters you have created?
Yes, I would say that’s the case! I share their worst traits, usually! The ones where they say stupid inane things when they’re nervous, or are anxious and clumsy. I’m the one who makes the jokes that fall flat but sound so good in my mind, which makes for some fun scenes. Food is a central part of lots of my books; we love cooking and trying new foods, so it’s always fun to write about that side of things. And also the travel aspect, I would love nothing more than to wander from place to place, but it’s not a perfect world and I’m stuck in suburbia, so I let my characters take me there!

8 - Can you choose three words to describe your book The Little Perfume Shop Off The Champs-Élysées?
Oh that is so tricky! Umm, Paris, Perfume, Hope.

9 – Are you working on anything now?
Yes, I’m working on a Christmas novella which I am really enjoying! The main character is a little different to any I’ve written before so I hope everyone will love Dot as much as I do.

Quick fire questions - 
Which do you prefer?

Paperback or eBook?
Paperback

Classic novel or Contemporary?
Contemporary

Cinema or Theatre?
Theatre

Crisps or Chocolate?
Chocolate!

Tea or Coffee?
Coffee

Night out or Day out?
Day out!

Thank you again for taking the time to answer the Q&A
xx




At the moment you can get The Little Perfume Shop Off The Champs-Élysées for £2.99 in the UK or in the US for 99c! 

So let's have a look at the description for the book...




What is French for falling in love?

When Del leaves small town America to compete in a perfume competition in Paris, she thinks it is just the next step on her five-year-plan. It’s an exciting opportunity. What started out as just a dream for Del and her twin sister is nearly in her grasp. If she wins this competition, they are on their way to opening their very own perfume boutique!

Arriving in Paris, watching the sun glinting off the Seine and wandering the Champs-Elysees, Del discovers the most perfect perfumery she’s ever seen. Yet, as the competition dawns Del realises that whilst she might have had the best nose in her small village, her competitors seem to know more than she could ever have dreamed. This competition isn’t going to be easy…

Del has the romance of Paris to sweep her away from her worries, but as the competition heats up, so does her desire for that which she cannot have! If only the dashing owner Sébastien didn’t smell so seductive, look so handsome and make her heart flutter like it never has before. They say love smells as sweet as a red rose in bloom, but Del would tell anyone that true love can’t be bottled – it’s beautiful and unique to everyone…even herself. With everything on the line for her future, can Del really let a little attraction get in the way of securing her dreams?

Buy Links






Rebecca Raisin is a true bibliophile. This love of books morphed into the desire to write them. She's been widely published in short story anthologies, and in fiction magazines. And now she is focusing on writing romance.

Rebecca aims to write characters you can see yourself being friends with. People with big hearts who care about relationships and believe in true love.


Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment