Thursday 19 May 2016

Rae reads... The Little Bookshop Of Lonely Hearts by Annie Darling

About the book:

Posy Morland works in a lovely bookshop spending her days reading romance novels. However when Bookends owner Lavinia dies and leaves the shop in her hands. It is time to step up and try to keep the ailing business going.


Lavinia’s grandson, Sebastian, AKA The Rudest Man In London has his own ideas as to what will keep the business going. Will they ever see eye to eye? 





My thoughts:

I really liked the premise for this book, which I think anyone who loves books would especially romance. The story was really easy to follow and I think the plot moved at a pretty good pace. I found the story both sad and comical at times. Although I would have to say that there was a good balance throughout. I loved the Ravished By the Rake story that Posy concocted although I love historical romance so maybe I am a bit biased! It was really fun to read and I would happily read it in its own right.

The characters of Posy and Sebastian were really entertaining. I loved their interactions or sparring whichever you prefer. Posy was quite lovable and laid back who hadn't had an easy time of it. With her parents dying and then raising a younger sibling I guess it changed who she was. Sebastian was great, even though he could be pretty annoying. I actually liked how honest he was, it really made a refreshing change. The minor characters all added a certain something. I can't wait to read the next book in the series and find out what happens with everyone.

Overall:


The Little Bookshop of Lonely Hearts is a lovely, romantic and engaging story. I really enjoyed spending time with Posy, Sebastian and all the other characters in this book. The ending well I can't say anything other than it was just perfect!

Curl up and relax with this book it will definitely leave you with a smile.

Five stars from me! 

Thank you to Harper & Netgalley for my copy to read and review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment