Tuesday 14 February 2017

Review - The Corner Shop of Whispers by Debbie Viggiano




About the book

Romantic Florrie, scatty Daisy and snobby Alison are neighbours, living their married lives in the tiny English village of Lower Amblegate where everyone knows everybody. Together the three friends share laughter, tears, and things they wouldn’t want anybody else knowing. But unbeknownst to them, a scandal is brewing. As rumours circulate, the gossips go into overdrive, rocking marriages and revealing the women have much more in common than just neighbourly bonds… 

Buy here




My Review

 I hadn't read anything by Debbie Viggiano before but I am so glad that I got the chance to read The Corner Shop of Whispers. 

So what did I think...

I loved the pace of the story as everything moved quickly and kept my attention pretty much throughout. I enjoyed the fact that not everything is as it first appears which is I guess very true to life. Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors and everyone has secrets just some are bigger than others.

The characters were all interesting in their own way and they somehow find themselves friends aswell as neighbours. Daisy is very relaxed about things and says whatever is on her mind so is pretty likeable from the start. Florrie is very sweet and I couldn't help but get attached to her character. Alison is a little snobby and I guess this makes her character a little annoying at times.

Plenty of fun moments but with a few interesting turns along the way that kept me wanting to see how it would all end. There were plenty of likeable characters but also characters that made me want to throw something at them! Jeremy Kyle is mentioned in the book and I can imagine that some of the situations in the book would be perfect for the programme. I thought that it was great as the story built up to finish with the May Ball.

The Corner Shop of Whispers where there are secrets, lies and gossip!

Four stars from me!

Thank you to Debbie Viggiano for my copy. This is my honest and unbiased opinion




No comments:

Post a Comment