Thursday 11 August 2016

Rae reads... Smoke Gets In Your Eyes by Louise Marley

About the book:

Be careful what you wish for…

After marrying the handsome and wealthy Hugh Kirkwood, all Caitlin wants to do is enjoy her happy ever after. But on the day she learns she is finally pregnant, she catches him in bed with another woman.

Before Caitlin can even think of divorce, Hugh and his girlfriend are killed in a mysterious fire. But Caitlin’s problems are only just beginning. Hugh took out additional life insurance before he died, the fire turns out to have been started deliberately and the police are now eyeing her up as their number one suspect.

Just as Caitlin really feels her life cannot get any worse, fate has one last shock in store …



Buy here

--------------------------------------------------------------

My thoughts:

I have previously read Trust Me I Lie by Louise Marley and so far it is one of my favourite books from this year. I had a quick look on my kindle as I was pretty sure I had bought a Louise Marley book a while ago. Lucky for me I had and Smoke Gets In Your Eyes was there waiting for me. So what did I think...

Caitlin is an interesting character, I wasn't overly fond of her to start with but as I read more she definitely grew on me. There are quite a few characters in this book that all come together to make an intriguing story. I thought Georgia was a good character and I was wondering if she was going to put everything together and discover the truth. Marc was a strong love interest and his scenes with Caitlin were always fun.

This story has lots of elements murder, deception, mystery but also romance. I found the book easy to read and ended up finishing it quite quickly. I felt that the plot was well thought out and I really enjoyed discovering how things would turn out.

Overall:

I did find this book very enjoyable and I will definitely be interested in reading more books by Louise Marley. 


Smoke Gets In Your Eyes is fun with entertaining characters!

Four stars from me!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment