Wednesday 19 October 2016

Rae reads... Miracle on 5th Avenue by Sarah Morgan

About the book:


Hopeless romantic Eva Jordan loves everything about Christmas. Even if she is spending it alone housesitting a spectacular Fifth Avenue apartment. What she didn’t expect was to find the penthouse still occupied by its gorgeous–and mysterious–owner.

Bestselling crime writer Lucas Blade is having the nightmare before Christmas. With a deadline and the anniversary of his wife’s death looming, he’s isolated himself in his penthouse with only his grief for company. But when the blizzard of the century leaves Eva snowbound in his apartment, Lucas starts to open up to the magic she brings…This Christmas, is Lucas finally ready to trust that happily-ever-afters do exist?

Buy here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Review:

The first time Eva and Lucas meet is brilliant and it sets things up perfectly. I loved the chemistry they shared and couldn't wait to see how things would turn out.

Eva is such a loveable character and I really hoped she would find her happy ever after. Her happy outlook on life is completely infectious and I found myself wishing I could be as positive. Lucas is perfect as the brooding love interest and I loved learning more about him as the story progressed. Even though they are complete opposites they really do compliment each other. However will their differences keep them apart?

One of my favourite parts was when Frankie first met Lucas, I couldn't help but laugh! There is plenty of romance in this book but also friendship plays a key role too. Eva, Frankie and Paige have such a special bond and Sarah Morgan has written their friendship perfectly. It is definitely one of the things that has drawn me so much into this series.

The story grabbed my attention from the start and kept it all the way through. The fact this book is set at Christmas makes it all the more special.


Overall:

Even though this is the last book in the From Manhattan with Love series it could be read as a standalone. I do have to say that it is well worth starting at the beginning though just because it is such an enjoyable series.

Sarah Morgan always manages to draw me into her stories with engaging and well written characters. 

Miracle on 5th Avenue is a festive delight!

5 stars from me!

Thank you to Mira & Netgalley for my copy. This is my honest and unbiased opinion. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Related Posts - Reviews



~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment