Sunday 1 January 2017

Review - Cloudy with a Chance of Love by Fiona Collins

About the book:

Every cloud has a silver lining when it comes to love…
Weather forecaster Daryl Williams never minded the fact that she had a big bottom. It’s always been behind her. In fact, it was one of the things that her husband loved about her. Until he ran off with her best friend, Gabby.
Daryl knows that she needs to get back in the dating game, she just doesn’t know how. So when her friend suggests taking a fortune forecast, she reluctantly agrees. And it looks like Daryl’s luck is in, by Friday she has a 99% chance of falling in love!
Only, as Daryl embarks on date after disastrous date, it soon becomes clear that even when it’s written in the stars, finding the one after the one is never easy…

Buy here

---------------------------------

My Review:

This is the second book by Fiona Collins that I have read and I have to say her books are so much fun to read. 

So what did I think about Cloudy with a Chance of Love...

One of the best things about this story is Daryl, I love the way she looks at life. This really drew me to her and made her such a likeable person. Daryl is upbeat about things even when life and people have treated her badly.

Daryl's next door neighbour Will is pretty perfect and I have to admit I had a bit of a crush on him myself! I loved the easy interactions Daryl and Will share but is he the one?

The story was so easy to get into and I was interested to see what had actually happened when Daryl's marriage broke down. It was intriguing to see if the fortune forecast would work especially with a timescale of a week. However the story moved along at a brisk pace but with enough detail to get a feel for the story. Throughout the week Daryl experiences lots of things and they were so much fun to read. The speed dating was especially entertaining with lots of shall we say interesting people taking part.

I enjoyed every chapter of this book, I read the last half of it in one go as I couldn't put it down. I'm so glad I picked this as my first book of 2017 it was such a great way to start the year!


Witty and entertaining with an uplifting story!

Five stars from me!

Thank you to HQ Digital & Netgalley for my copy. This is my honest and unbiased opinion.

---------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment