Sunday 5 March 2017

Rapid Fire Book Tag

Today I'm taking part in the Rapid Fire Book Tag, thank you to Abbie at Bloomin' Brilliant Books for the nomination.

It was lots of fun answering the questions and I hope you enjoy reading them too!

eBooks or Physical books?

Both. Sometimes it is more practical reading an eBook though.

Paperback or Hardback?

I will have to go with Paperback but I love the look of hardback books sitting on a bookshelf.

Online or store shopping?

It's normally a 50/50 split but it's lovely to have a nosy around a bookshop.

Trilogies or Series?

Tough choice. I used to love reading Nora Roberts trilogies when I was younger. Now I probably read more series.

Heroes or Villains?

I'm going to have to go with heroes although you can't beat a good villain!

 A book you want everyone to read. 

The Skeletons of Scarborough House by Kitty French. It's light hearted and so much fun to read basically the perfect pick me up.

 

Recommend an underrated book.

Not sure I would class it as underrated but I'll go with North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell.



The last book you finished.

There's Something About Cornwall by Daisy James


Weirdest thing you used as a book mark?

A ruler
I guess that isn't really that weird.

Used books, yes or no?

Yes, you never know what you might find.

Top three genres

Romance
Psychological Thriller
Mystery

Borrow or buy?

Both. I love going to the library with my two children. However I love to buy too, I just wish I had a bigger house to keep all the books in!

Characters or plot?

Tough one. I guess the plot as the story has to interest me.

Short or long book?

Both, it depends how I'm feeling.

Long or short chapters?

I like short chapters, they keep my interest better.

Book to movie or book to TV adaptation?

Probably prefer book to TV adaptation. Although sometimes they can be a disappointment!

Name the first three books you think of. 

Puzzle Girl by Rachael Featherstone

Deep Down Dead by Steph Broadribb

Emma by Jane Austen

Books that make you laugh or cry?

Can I go with both? I have to say I prefer a happy ending though!

Our world or fictional world?

Our world

Do you ever judge a book by its cover?

Yes, I think it's hard not to.

Series or standalone? 

I do like both but standalone probably edges it slightly.

Thank you for reading!

 I'm going to nominate Emma at damppebbles book blog
& Kaisha at The Writing Garnet 
Hope you both have fun!













No comments:

Post a Comment