Tuesday 1 November 2016

Rae reads... Saved by the Firefighter by Rachel Brimble

About the book:

How can she forgive him for what he didn't do? 

Photographer Izzy Cooper feels as frozen as her pictures. Trent Palmer might be the hottest firefighter in Templeton Cove, but she can never face him again. Not after he failed to save her brother. But when they're forced together by a calendar shoot, the sparks between them are undeniable.

Izzy knows it's not fair to blame Trent for the tragedy, but opening herself up to loss again isn't something she's prepared to do, no matter how determined Trent is to show her that pain is part of life and that love--their love--can make any suffering bearable.
 


Buy here


My Review:

The characters in this story are well developed and I loved seeing how much they grew and eventually began to heal. I did get a little annoyed at times with Izzy but grief is a terrible thing and I can understand her reluctance to be hurt again. This book definitely made me emotional, there were tears in my eyes at times. I guess it means that I connected with the characters and story.

I found that the plot moved at a decent pace although at times the pace did slightly slow. However the story kept my interest as the characters were likeable and engaging, especially Trent. The main subject in this book is loss and it was interesting to see how the different characters reacted to it and how they began to process their grief. I loved the romance between Trent and Izzy and I was hoping they would get their happy ever after. The question is will they overcome their grief to come back to each other?


Overall:

Saved by the Firefighter is a lovely, sweet and heart warming tale that left me with a smile!

Four stars from me!

Thank you to Rachel Brimble for kindly sending me a copy. This is my honest and unbiased opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment